Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend and Back Update

Last Monday I threw out my back at work.  I went to the chiropractor on Tuesday, where he said I shouldn't run until at least Saturday. On Thursday when I went back to him, he asked if i was going to run on Saturday. My response was "if you'll let me."  He said i could do 3-4 miles but if my back started hurting to stop.

My original plan was to do 2 miles saturday am, 2 saturday pm, and 2 sunday am to start preparing for the Bourbon Chase where I'll have to run 4 miles, 3 different times, 12 hours apart. I ran the 2 saturday morning at 10:56 pace, which i think is my best ever so far.

Saturday afternoon I took my niece to a birthday party.  This was my first time taking her to a party and while she had a great time and i was able to take a few pictures while there, i completely walked out and forgot my purse!  luckily i did have my phone in my pocket but my car keys, wallet, checkbook, etc. was in my purse. My sister in law had dropped Anika and I off at the party bc I dont have a carseat in my car, and picked us up so i didnt notice that i didnt have my keys/purse.  When I got home and realized I couldnt' unlock the door, Jeremy drove me back out to where the party was, but everyone was gone and it was all locked up! I called the number on the door and left a message on the answering machine.  The lady that runs the gym called me back late Saturday night saying she had received my message and that someone would be at the gym on Sunday from 2-7 so i could pick up my purse then.  I was so happy and relieved!  I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get it back until monday afternoon when they opened for classes.






After the party my brother in law and his family came to our house and we cooked out. By the time they left i didn't feel like running or doing anything so we laid on the couch and watched a movie instead. so, my plan of running, 2,2, and 2 didn't happen :(

I have one more chiropractor appt today and a ww meeting directly after that.  This week I am going to start back to running 4 days a week and doing shred again.  5 months til Hawaii and I have 25 pounds minimum I would like to lose between now and then.  It's doable but it still wont be easy. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to get your stuff back! Oh my gosh, I hate when I do stuff like that!!

    ReplyDelete