Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Not as good as before

This past Saturday I did another 5k.  I was hoping that I would be able to run the whole thing like I had two weeks prior.  My legs felt otherwise.  When the gun went off (no chip start) I was in the middle of untying my shoe. I retied it as quick as I could and off I went running. 

A couple tenths in there was a hill.  I ran up the hill, but once at the top my shins and calves were screaming at me!  I kept running hoping they would work themselves out, but they kept on.  After half a mile I started to walk. There were several walkers in this race and they were all passing me once I started walking. I couldn't even walk at a normal speed my legs hurt so bad.

I walked a mile and a half and when I got to the 2 mile mark, my legs had finally stopped hurting and I decided I would run slowly the rest of the way in.  Jeremy met me with about a half a mile to go and ran the rest of the way with me.  I finished about 4-5 minutes slower than when I ran the whole distance two weeks before.  I'm not sure if that's good or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment