Monday, June 3, 2013

A short break.....

Since the half I have taken a short break. I have walked one day in the last two weeks and have not run at all.  Which probably wasn't a good idea considering this weekend I am participating in a 27 hour triathlon.  There is a team of 8 of us and we each take turns for 27 hours swimming, biking, and running.  It is a 2.5 hour swim, 12.5 hour bike and a 12 hour run.  The swim is in a pool and there is a The nice thing is you can break it up among the people on your team however you want as long as there is only one person on the course at a time. 

I am meeting a friend tonight, who is also on the team, to swim.  I haven't swam or biked since March and then it was just for the indoor triathlon I did.  Which if you remember was the first time I had done either since before I broke my ankle.   The bike loop is 10 miles so I figure I can do a loop, rest a few hours then do another one since my bum won't be ready to ride a bike for any length of time. 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of anything like this before! Hope all goes well and I'm sure you'll do fine! :0)

    ReplyDelete