Tuesday, August 3, 2010

a big thanks!

Twila and I have been swimming on Tuesdays and Thursdays. What started off as lessons have now turned into swimming laps to train for a sprint tri. Last night while making plans for swimming tonight, Twila asked if I wanted to run after with her. I said yes and was EXTREMELY apprehensive about running with her (the girl's 5K PR is sub 25 if that tells you anything)! I told my husband that I was as nervous about running with her tonight as I get before running an actual 5k race. Jeremy just consoled me and told me that it's the same when he runs with his brother, who has to slow down for him.

Twila's training for a full marathon and needs to work on her marathon pace, which is pretty close to my "fast pace". Plus she will push me to go faster which is what i need, so it really does work out.

After swimming, we changed into our running attire, which i also want to add has to be the worst thing ever. Sports bras were not made to put on a wet body! Even after drying off, there is just something about being in a pool and getting out and putting on that type of clothing!

I needed to run for at least 25 minutes (what my half program called for the night). We ran through a flat neighborhood behind the pool for the first mile, which also happens to be a 1 mile PR for me by 31 seconds! I was really happy with this and know that i wouldnt have been able to do it if i had done it on my own and without someone there pushing me.

i really liked running with someone (I hope she did too!) and we are planning on running again on thursday. with my half training since it's a run/walk program i've been doing 1 min. fast run, 1 min fast walk on the treadmill to work on my 5k speed. however, tonight i could tell that my endurance for being able to run for any amount of time without stopping has decreased. i'm not sure how i'll handle that. i still want to work on my speed, but need to keep my endurance up as well. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Told you it would be fun! I will there to swim tonight and then to run after : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal!
    I just wanted to let you know that I gave you a blogging award over on my site!

    http://thenextinstallment.wordpress.com

    -Meredith

    PS- You are ah-mazing. :)

    ReplyDelete