Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dryland

What is dryland some of you might ask? Well, it's what us swimmers call working out on "dry" land.  We run, do crunches, push ups, squats, tricep dips, stretch, plank, etc for an hour.   We have started having these types of practices recently but usually do to my work schedule I cant go.  As of yesterday through the next week I am on days, so that means I can go to the next 2-3 dryland practices. 

Yesterday was start of week 2 half training - 17 minutes of running.  I wore my garmin, hoping it would still pick up satellite service inside the high school.  It did for the most part. I only noticed it once when it beeped that there was no reception. However, when I got home and uploaded it to the computer, it was all a mess. We had run around the outside hallways of the hs, making a oval shape.  Unfortunately,  the watch only picked up reception for one side of the hs and not both. The other side that it didnt pick up was crazy looking.  2 min/mil pace for parts of it. HA!   

I did do some of the ab work, stretching, etc that the kids did and I am feeling it today.  Not too bad but enough to know I did something that I am not used to.  We have dryland again tomorrow and I think I'm just going to stick to running and stretching.  I dont want to be sore for the tri on sunday! 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your tri! Great job on the extra dry land workouts!! :0)

    ReplyDelete