Saturday, January 22, 2011

week 1 is in the bag

Tonight I did my last training for week 1 of my half.  All three runs were on the treadmill.  It's the easiest thing to do when my short runs are only 15 min.  It takes that long just to drive to the park.  So they will be on the good ole t'mill for awhile til I build up a little more.

My long run was delayed. I planned on going to run with my hubby and bro-in-law yesterday, but there was no one to watch my niece. So i hopped on the exercise bike before they got to the house and rode for 7 miles.  Then watched my niece. She is a cutey patootie. See pic below for proof. :) She is not happy that I kept taking pictures of her playing.  Love love love the hands on the hips!


Today we were out of school for snow, tomorrow I have an away swim meet, and Sunday is church and work.  That meant today was the day for my "long" run.  I told myself I would do it at 7. It was only 3 miles, but bc our treadmill doesnt do distance correctly I planned on running for 45 minutes just to be on the safe side.  I know I have gotten slower since the summer, so this would give me some cushion. 

Come 10pm, I finally got on.  I ran 4 minutes, walked 1 minute for the entire 45. According to the t'mill I went 2.81 miles.  I'm not going to say it was easy bc it wasn't. After the first 20 minutes I was talking myself into only doing 35 or 40 minutes NOT 45.  When I got through the first 30, I started feeling better and decided to do all 45 minutes.  I'm glad I did bc I felt really good for doing it.  I know that if I hadn't I would have been upset with myself later.  As it is I wonder why I didn't just go on and do the extra .2 to make it 3 miles on the t'mill.....maybe next time!

Confession time: I did not go to the pool this week at all! :( Bad me. I plan on going Sunday though for sure and hopefully one other day next week.  It's just so hard to go when it's SO COLD outside.  Good thing about having a swimming background, that's the one thing I dont need much training in. Obviously I would do better if I went more, but I know I can hop in a pool and do a 400 with no problem.  Luckily these tri's are one a month for 4 months, so I will have time to practice more in the upcoming months.

Have a great long run this weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the runs! I don't like it when it's so cold outside that you can't stand it (for running)! Hope it warms up for you soon! :0)

    ReplyDelete