Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hot to Trot

Today was beautiful outside.  Sunny, not a cloud in the sky, and hot. This weather makes me dread the hot, humid days of summer! :(

Yes I'm going to say it "I already long for the 40-60 degree weather again"

The high was only 70 but it felt much warmer, especially considering I was wearing a long sleeve tech shirt.  When I packed for the parents house for the next two weeks it was 30 degrees, wasn't thinking "oh I might need short sleeves in the next couple weeks!"  Luckily I had grabbed some running shorts to take with me but only because they were in my tshirt and lounging pants drawer. 

My "new" 5k plan called for run 20 minutes with 4 30 second strides, with 2 minutes walk in between, then run 5-10 minutes.  I didn't do it exactly the way it said too.  I ran for 15 minutes, then did 5 30 second strides, walking 2 minutes in between, only walking back to the car after the last one and no running at the end.

I used the lap button today to get my "fast" splits and what do you know? I ran FAST!  Well, fast for me anyways!!  Granted they were only 30 seconds long but I was able to do them in 8:46, 8:27, 9:03, 9:36, and 8:50!  Considering my average runs are between 13-14 minutes, I was floored by these times.  Still am if you can't tell!

If I can do that now at 55 pounds overweight just wait til I get the weight off or even part of it off!!

FYI - I started weight watchers this week to help me work on those pesky pounds.  So far it hasn't been too bad.  I find myself eating more fruit, since those are point free. 

Jeremy and I have almost 90% decided on our fall marathon (for him - his first) and half (for me). The Rock in Roll Savannah is the one that we are leaning towards.  A couple other bloggers are going to do it and a friend of a friend wants to do it and we are both trying to talk the mutual friend into it also! I think it would be a blast!  I'm also trying to get Twila to do it too, but she is planning on another one that same weekend instead :(

5 comments:

  1. Guilt, Guilt, Guilt I am feeling it OKAY! It is a long way to travel! I am going to do some planning with Monica in May and make me decisions OKAY!

    I REALLY want to do it. E-mail Skinny Runner and see if she is doing it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME!! So I did the math on MY run yesterday, and I think I was doing my 90 second runs at about 9 min/mile!!! OMG!!!

    This is where a garmin would come in handy. :)
    (hinting up to heaven)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I snack on fruit

    LOL, guilting poor Twila, doesnt she know its all about the party before and after with friends and the race is something to do in between

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job!!! That's really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the weather. I've been complaining about it all winter and then when I was in FL all I wanted was to get back to CT!

    Nice run!!

    ReplyDelete