Sunday, April 8, 2012

10 miles and finally a soft drink

On Friday, Lesley and I met to do 10 miles.  Our half is in 3 weeks and we were in desperate need of a long run.  It had been a few weeks since our last 7 miler.  The weather dropped down this weekend and it was upper 30's when we took off.  We started at Twila's house instead of our usual spot at the Save-A-Lot.  This added a little bit of distance and it gave us a change of scenery.   Since school was in session we didn't want to run on Centre's campus so we went down a new street for us.  We ended up going a little past 5 miles out so we were able to cut some off the end of our run.  This same route should work great for next week's 12 miles. 

This past weekend Jeremy and I went to Gatlinburg TN for some outlet mall shopping!! I was in need of some nice work clothes.  Primarily all the clothes I have bought the past two years have been running clothes.  I found some great deals and got several skirts, dress pants and cardigans I can wear to work.  I did get some new running skirts with shorts underneath and a couple running tanks too, I just couldn't pass them up.

The best thing about this weekend though was that TODAY I could drink soft drinks again!!  I bought a dt.mountain dew at the hotel vending machine last night so I could have it first thing this a.m. when I woke up.  It was wonderful. Then I had another dt. coke at the restaurant for breakfast.  I am going to limit myself to only drinking soft drinks 2-3 times a week and not buying any to have on hand at the house.

2 comments: