Sunday, November 21, 2010

All gone

Friday I walked in to the hair salon ready but a little nervous to cut my hair 8 inches, which took a long time to grow, I might add.

As I was waiting John my stylist came over checkjng out his client before me. I told him I wanted to donate today. The lady who had just been with him asked me " are you donating for cancer?" I answered yes and she said "thank you!! I never wore one but a lot of people do!" that really touched me how thankful she was.





                                                                    My hair before

John put my hair in three ponytails and started cutting. The stylist next to him realized what we were doing and as the first ponytail went she let out a loud "go crystal!!". Word spread quickly throughout the crowded salon that I was donating my hair.





                                                                     The largest ponytail





                                                             All three ponytails together

Pretty soon it was all cut off and I was left with a lot less hair.





                                                         Right after I got it cut and styled


That night i went to the movies with a couple friends. Midway through the movie i went to pull my hair back in a ponytail to realize and accidently say loudly " i diot have any hair!"

Yesterday my swimmers had a meet, only about 4-5 people noticed that i had gotten it cut. Of course jeremy just had to throw in there maybe they noticed they just didnt like it. Thanks for that babe-NOT what I wanted to hear. Although I did get a "hey there" from a guy hanging out the window of a car when I was walking down the road. So maybe it isn't so bad!

I am still not used to it after two days. It's so short, I can feel my neck! Random I know.

Here's my question to others that have short hair - how do you run with it? Will the sweatybands stay in?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks great!! :) And good for you for donating to a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look great! And like a completely different person, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing!! Good for you! I love that they made such a big deal about you doing that. :)

    I don't know if you saw my reply to you on my blog.... but I am SO jealous of you. You WIN EVERYTHING! *insert 4 year old reminiscent foot stamp*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweaty Bands, IME, are totally awesome and don't move at all! You should try them out for sure!
    What an awesome thing you did, and your new 'do is super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! Thanks for donating to such an awesome cause! I know it means a lot to cancer patients! :0)

    ReplyDelete