Tuesday, November 16, 2010

my name is crystal and i like my treadmill

Since the weather has finally turned colder many fellow bloggers have been writing about how much they hate, dislike, and avoid the "dreadmill". well, i for one LOVE my treadmill.  there are no frills on it at all! the speed isn't accurate and neither is the distance. for that matter the belt is starting to come apart.   today we tried to duct tape it back down but had no success.  the duct tape wouldnt stick on it.  :(  so much for generic being just as good as the original.

but i think that's why i like it -  i dont worry about my time or my distance, i just run.  today, it was raining and very windy outside. and while i had the opportunity to go the park and run in the rain with my hubby and bro-in-law, i opted for the warmth and dryness of the extra bedroom.  i popped in a disc of Friends season 2 (i started at the beginning and am going through them epidsode by episode to see if there are any that i've missed), cranked up the volume, turned on the closed captioning, and started running.

i was 6 min in and it felt like no time at all had gone by.  historically the first 10-15 min or more of my runs are the hardest (longest) so i was pretty pumped to realize it didn't feel like any time at all had gone by.  i did have to stop a couple times and run to the bathroom :( me and fazolis the night before do not make for good running partners.  but i hopped back on and ran for 25 min with no walking. as the 25 minutes went by i gradually increased the speed.  it was the best run i have had since the half.  i'm relieved to have had a good run FINALLY!  i think the next couple runs i do are going to be on the treadmill.

since the distance and speed dont work on the treadmill i am looking at getting a garmin footpod.  does anyone have one? do you like it? do you think this will disenchant me from my treadmill since i'll know my actual speed and distance?  i thougth it would be a good buy for the upcoming winter months but part of me thinks if i know those things, i will join my fellow bloggers in their dread for the 'mill. 

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today and am really enjoying it!

    I really hate my treadmill, but when it's freezing, rainy, dark, etc. it sure beats the alternative. It also makes me appreciate the spring and summer outside that much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of the treadmill, but I do use it when I have to! :0) Way to go on the run! Sounds like you had a really good one!

    ReplyDelete