Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Prince and I

Today was my first run this week, since last Wednesday, to be exact.  I didn't feel like going but knew i needed to do it anyway.  Jeremy was going to run today too and had waited on me to get home so we could go together. 

It was beautiful out today - the sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky, around 50 degrees, slight breeze. Perfect!

I decided that I was just going to run today. I was not going to think about my pace or my time, just run.  Listen to my music and run.  Look for letters in the world and run.   (I want to find things that make letters and take a picture of them. Then I can spell out peoples names and frame them.) I get so focused on time and pace that it takes all the fun out of running.  I need to find the "fun" in it or I'm not going to continue doing it.  It's an internal arguement with myself everytime its a run day.  I dont want it to be like that.

After my 4 miles of only walking twice, I wanted to see if i could run for 2 miles without stopping to walk, no matter how slow I ran. I was able to do 2.4 miles with no walking.  my pace was a little slower but not as much as I thought it would be.  The best part is that I DID IT! with the help of Prince of course.  I dont know what it is but I really like listening to Prince's music when running.  Last fall at the half, it was Prince and Nickelback that got me through. 

there is a 3k in a couple weeks that i want to get a PR in. I've ran it the previous 2 years. But this will be the first year i know that i can run the whole thing  :)  and that I will have actually been training and running for more than a week before it.

Who is that artist that gets you through?

1 comment:

  1. Mine is M&M (do you know how long I called him that, till one day I learned it was really Eniemen, true story)

    ReplyDelete