Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The run that wasn't....

If you read my last post, you read about how I bought a new pair of heatgear shorts for Sunday's half marathon.  I was super excited about them bc they are longer and I didn't think they would rub.   From the title of my post today, you can tell they didnt work out. 

I put them on this morning to go on a run with Lesley.  We had planned on running 3-5 miles but after Jeremy texted and said he had to take lunch early I knew it would be more like 3 miles.  I walked out the door with my new shorts on and they were rubbing already!!!  Not in the same spot but right around the seam at the bottom of the shorts above my knee was not tight fitting and every time I took a step I could feel it rub on my leg. 

I went in and took them off and put on some body glide for my old shorts that don't have compression.  The weather today was about what it is going to be for Sunday.  Sunny and in the 60's at the start, high of 80.  We took off and after the first mile I could tell I wasn't going to make it very far.  It was humid and I hadn't taken any allergy medicine thus my nose was all stopped up.  At 1.5 miles I looked at my phone to see what the temperature was. It said it was only 61!!! ONLY 61???  Seriously?  It will be like this at the start of the race on Sunday and only get worse from there.  How can I do 10 more miles??  We ran another half a mile then walked and talked the last mile.I have had serious thoughts of dropping down to the 10K today. 

I have to decide which is worse: Dropping down to the shorter race and then wishing I had done the half after all OR stay in the half and be disappointed that I added an enormous amount of time to the half by having to walk a lot?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment