Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The start of LiveFit

Yesterday Jeremy and I started Jamie Eason's LiveFit program.  It is going to be a challenge for us, since we both like to eat.  Just trying to find certain items in the grocery store was an issue.  There seems to be a lot of food on this, especially in the beginning.  It's just that it's not food we normally would eat.  Where's the cheese and dressings??

The program consists of eating clean, eating every 3 hours, and lifting weights.  During the first 4 weeks, you did little to no cardio, instead you lift weights.  You should have a ratio of protein, carbs, and fat of 40%, 40%, and 20% each day. 

After the first 4 weeks, you continue to lift weights but add the cardio back in.  The theory is that you have added muscle and the added muscle will burn fat quicker and thus you will slim down and lose weight.  We shall see. I do have a friend that did this in the winter and had a lot of success.

Yesterday was our first day in the weight room.  I had more realistic visions of what I could lift, where as Jeremy was thinking of what he did for football in high school and that he could still lift close to those weights..... Not so much anymore! Sorry babe!

The food consists of lots of protein, as in 5 egg whites for me and 8 for Jeremy.  Yesterday I tried scrambling them, but that makes SO many eggs and they are SO bland.  Thankfully, my friend sent me a recipe (she had tried 16 different ones) for an egg white shake that she actually liked.  I made it up last night for this morning and it was actually pretty good!  I can tell almond milk will be my new friend!

Last night I cooked some  turkey meatloaf muffins 


and banana oatmeal muffins 

these have chocolate chips (yay)
for our mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks.  The Banana Oatmeal muffins are quite tasty.  The turkey muffins have some spice that is very overwhelming.  Need to figure out what it is, so I can leave it out next time!

Anyone have any good clean eating recipes they are willing to share?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I need to do more weights..I just hate working with weights..rather do more cardio lol..

    ReplyDelete