Sunday, March 4, 2012

Going too Fast

For the first time in 14 years I got pulled over Sunday night.  I'll admit I was speeding. Half of our road is 35, the other half is 55.  Needless to say I was still doing 55 in the 35 area well past the speed limit sign.  The officer asked to see my license and registration.

Of course I couldn't find the proof of insurance.  Yes Mom, I have a ziplock bag with all that info, just not the current years apparently.  While I was looking for the insurance card, the officer got the all clear that I had no priors and said he would give me a break. Hallelujah!!

I have never gotten out of a ticket before.  Granted the two times I got tickets were when I was a teenager and under 18.  Thankful for the nice officer and my clean record!  Now to slow down and keep it that way.

Have you gotten out of a ticket before?

1 comment:

  1. Ugh that is the worst! I got pulled over once and I think the officer could see the panic on my face. My daughter was sound asleep in the back and I had a 2 hour ride ahead of me. Her waking up would have been very bad! He gave me a pass!

    ReplyDelete