Monday, March 19, 2012

Shamrock Shuffle 3K PR and a St. Patty's Birthday

Jeremy and I have participated in this race the past 3 years. It's a great race to start the year with.
In past years Jeremy's family has been able to participate as well and we would all go out to breakfast afterwards.  This year though, due to work and other obligations Jeremy and I were the only ones able to attend. 

If you know me at all, you know I love GREEN!!  So this race is a perfect reason for me to dress up from head to toe in green!  Until this past year I had no green running clothes. :( I made sure to take care of that though for this year.

My goal was to PR in this race, but I was also shooting to break 20 minutes. Last year my time was 22:52. I knew it would be a bit of a challenge to drop that much.

We went to Lexington the night before the race and stayed with jeremys brother and family so we wouldn't have to drive quite as far so early in the morning. We had a great time playing with Anika before we went to bed. We both had a little trouble though going to sleep bc of the "city" noise.

The weather was perfect and everyone was out in green! I got to wear my Nike two in one tempo shorts that I bought in the winter. They have compression in them and they felt fantastic, not too tight at the seems.

The race felt great the whole time. I looked at my watch throughout and was holding around a 10:20 pace. I knew if I stayed around that I could get under 20. By the last .2 I was feeling it and ready to be done. I came in at 19:08! A 3 1/2 minute PR! Super pumped.

One thing I don't like about this race is that even though it's chip timed, they go by your clock time for results. Not that I would get an award but I do find it odd that they do that! Why chip time if u go by clock time?

Today is my big boys 10th birthday. We stopped on the way home to pick him up some special treats.






To make this weekend even better duke lost! Go UK!!

1 comment:

  1. I saw you guys and tried to stand on my tippy toes so you might see me but it was way too crowded! Awesome job on the PR:) I don't like the chip/clock thing either. I tried for a PR and 3rd in my age group, missed 3rd by about 40seconds and ended up being 5th, maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete