Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Timed Swim and Previous Weekend Accomplishments

Today was the day my coach and I had decided on for timing me in a 1/2 mile swim.  I need the time so I can register for the indoor tri that is coming up in a few weeks.  I did about 5 x 200's for warm up then it was time. 

During the first 200 of it my cap was bothering me. I tried fixing it on the flipturns, to squeeze it and get the air out, but it wasn't working. About 1/3 of the way through my cap came completely off.  I swam for another 100 before stopping at the wall to fix it and put it back on. 

After that I started trying to gradually build the rest of the swim. When I finished my coach told me my time which was a couple minutes faster than I had thought I would be.  He also told me my splits. I had done negative splits on all 100's, except for the one where I stopped to fix my cap.  Not too bad!! :)

This past Saturday I had 5 miles on the schedule. My goal was to try to run the first 3.1 without stopping or walking and see if I could beat my 5k PR time.  After 9 minutes in though I was ready for my walk break.  The 30 degree weather was making it hard to breath. So we stopped and walked for 1 minute then took off again.  At almost mile 2 we came across David, who was in Jeremy's running group that morning.  We stopped and talked to him for a couple minutes, while we were talking to him Jeremy ran up too. So we talked to them for a few more minutes then started back.  I did hit a new pr for the 5k distance by about 30 seconds, but I stopped for about 10 minutes in the middle of the run and it wasn't a race so it obviously doesn't count but it makes me glad to know that I can do it!

On Sunday, I needed to go swim. I had skipped out on Friday again bc of tornado warnings and severe weather in the area.  I drug Jeremy with me.  I had him do 50's drill, like what my coach had me do when I first started with the team.  Since he is not a "swimmer" I think this will help him actually learn the right technique.  He did really well and I was super proud of how much yardage he did!  It was probably 3 times his normal distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment