Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Hobble 5K

Saturdays race wast first 5k since august. Shockingly enough all week I wasn't nervous before it! I knew I had gotten faster in the past two months and felt confident of a PR.

Jeremy got off work early Friday night and actually wanted to go to a restaurant that he has been boycotting all summer. I couldn't pass this up, even though I knew it wouldn't be good for my stomach to eat so late and to eat Chinese. But I went anyway. I didnt overeat and the food was good. I had missed it a lot since his boycott!

The morning of the race however I still had the Chinese with me. :(. I know how my stomach does and started fearing the worst about the run.

The start was up hill, then it flattened out and had some rolling hills along the course. First mile was a little slower than I would have liked but considering the uphill start it was ok. Then right after I got past 1.2 my stomach started churning!! I had to stop and walk for a minute, trying to get it to settle down. I started to run again but found my belly wasn't ready for that yet. Most of the next three tenths were spent walking :(. I knew my PR was going down the drain!!

About mile 1.5 though it finally calmed down and I started feeling better. I had 15-16 minutes to get in with a PR. I knew it would be hard but I was still going to try and not give up!

At mile 2 I had 10-11 minutes to get in. I thought I might be able to, I still had a chance.

Jeremy came back to run me in for the last couple tenths. He had pr'd by 24 seconds and gone under 23 for the first time! I was so proud of him and that pushed me more. Bc we started uphill, that meant the finish was downhill. I gave it all I had, but missed my PR by 18 seconds. :(.

My mile splits were:
11:33
12:53
11:02

Even though I was mad with mile two I was very proud of mile three!! There are some thanksgiving races coming up and I will get a PR then!! No late eating or Chinese for me!

The shirts were cute and jeremy's trophy for second in his age group was neat and different. A local high school baseball team was putting the race on as a fundraiser.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments: