Thursday, February 23, 2012

Indoor Tri

The past two days have been hard. I really want a diet coke or diet mountain dew.  I have drank coffee the past two days for caffeine but it's only helped a little.

While looking at a local running stores website of upcoming races I found an indoor triathlon!  I was intrigued so I clicked on the site, to discover that the event money goes to stop human trafficking.  That's definitely the most bizarre sponsor that has put on a race I have done.

Anyway, I'm really excited about doing the indoor tri.  It involves swimming for 20 minutes, biking on an exercise bike for 30 minutes, and running a 5K on the indoor track (21 laps).  Participants are in charge of keeping track of their swimming distance and their laps run.  It states that it isn't a race, just a training tri, but there will be prizes!   I'm guessing they take the distance you swim and bike and the time of your run to figure some kind of results. 

I had been biking but had stopped when I started swimming again. Guess it's time to add that back in!

What's the most bizarre race sponsor you have encountered?

Have you done an indoor tri? How was it? Any advice?

1 comment:

  1. I have never done one, they are popular here in the winter since we cant be outside, I am interested to see how you like it

    ReplyDelete