Monday, July 25, 2011

8 miles......

Saturday we started at 6:30 a.m. to beat the heat.  Unfortunately, it was already 75 degrees with 95% humidity at that time.  I can't say all 8 miles were bad.  The first 5 were great! I had a good pace and they felt good!  The last 3, however, were MISERABLE!   It was hot and muggy and I was done! 

I have liked all the Gu's I have tried so far. But, I finally found one I dont like, and of course it happened during a long run.....Strawberry Watermelon GU Brew. I have tried the lemon/lime and the orange gu brew and have liked them, but the strawberry watermelon was just too sweet. I tried to refill the bottle when it was half way gone, but that made it even worse.  It was still sweet and now watered down.  Yuck.  At the next water stop i dumped out what i had left and refilled it with regular water.  

I got back to the car after 8 and ran home to change, use the bathroom, and grab a banana while Jeremy was finishing his 14 miles.  I picked up Jeremy, we went home, ate, and took a nap. When I got up from the nap, my left knee and right hip were hurting. Especially my right hip!!!  It was a sharp stabbing pain, much like I had after I finished the half marathon in October, except it was the other hip!  (read about it here if you missed it).  All night long I was hobbling, it hurt to take a step.  By Sunday it was feeling better and not hurting unless I went up the steps, but an appointment to the chiropractor for Monday has already been made!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you hate that you think you are getting up early enough to beat the heat & it's still blazing hot outside? But great job on your 8 miles! Hopefully your hip starts to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 630am and already hot, that sucks, dang this heat

    ReplyDelete